FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT ARE EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Eyelash extensions are the application of a single artificial lash to your single natural lash, one by one, to enhance the appearance of your lash line. We use only synthetic artificial lashes, NEVER animal hair.
HOW WILL THEY LOOK AND FEEL?
When applied by our skilled technicians they will look completely natural, only much longer and fuller. They will feel like your own eyelashes. We do not count lashes, we will add as many or as few as needed to create the right look for you.
How long will my initial appointment take?
We take an artisan approach with our customers and will not rush your appointment. You can expect your first appointment to take approximately 75-120 minutes. Unlike some salons we do not count eyelashes, a full set is a full set. We will use as many as are needed to create the right look for you. If you are happy, then we are happy.
How long will my Eyelash Extensions Last?
When properly applied and cared for, your eyelash extensions will last for four to six weeks. Please see the Lash Extension aftercare section on how to properly care for your eyelash extensions to maximize longevity.
What is a fill and how often should I get one?
After your initial set of eyelash extensions you will receive instructions on how to care for them. Fills are done every 2-3 weeks depending on care and how quickly your eyelashes grow. We offer both 2 and 3 week fills. Appointments scheduled after 4 weeks will be charged for a full set.
Why do I lose some of my eyelashes?
Natural lashes shed themselves all of the time. As your natural lashes shed, the attached lash extensions goes with it. To keep your lash line gap free, we recommend having your lashes filled every 2-3 weeks.
Will extensions damage my eyelashes?
Yes and no. Yes, your lashes can be damaged if you go to someone who was not properly trained and uses cheap products not intended for long wear. No, extensions properly applied by a certified, trained technician who uses quality products should not. Our eyelash extension application techniques and innovative aftercare ensures your lash health. Additionally, twisting or tugging on your lashes will absolutely damage your lashes. Hands off, ladies!
Can I use eyelash growth products with my extensions?
By all means, continue using any lash enhancing serums. They'll only enhance and strengthen your natural lashes in addition to keeping your lashes in place longer.
Will I still need to use mascara?
No, you will not need to use mascara with your lash extensions, but for nights that you want extra drama you can use a water-based mascara. We carry several brands to choose from. We also offer a service to add a semi-permanent mascara that lasts seven to ten days. See the aftercare section below for tips on using mascara.
Now that you have gorgeous lashes, take note of these tips to maintain them. With proper care and fills your eyelashes can last indefinitely.
- Do not get your eyelashes wet for the 4-6 hours.
- Do not use a spa, sauna or pool for the first 24 hours. The extensions need that amount of time to properly bond.
- Avoid pulling or rubbing your eyes.
- Do not use eyelash curlers with your extensions. With proper application you will not need them.
- ONLY use oil-free makeup remover. We carry several brands in our studio and also provide clients with a do-it-yourself eyelash wash. If your eyelashes are tangled or crossed over, use the Spoolie given to you during your appointment to gently brush them straight and put them in place. You can purchase a longer life coating to extend the wear of your lash extensions in between fills.
- Proper hygiene is very important. Please keep lashes clean by regular washing. We have a special foaming lash bath eyelash cleanser available online or in our salon.
- Use only mascaras that are safe for eyelash extensions, no oil-based or waterproof mascaras. We have extension safe mascaras available for purchase at your appointment, or online. Only apply the mascara to the tips of your lashes.
- After showering avoid rubbing lashes, it best to blot them with a towel and let them air dry.
- You can also dry the lashes by using a hair dryer on the cool setting and blowing them dry from the bottom up. It makes them curlier and fluffy.
- Use care when applying facial and eye creams to avoid the lash line. Too many oil-based products can break down the adhesive.
- We recommend touch-up appointments every 2-3 weeks to maintain your new eyelash extensions.
CRISPY BROWS STUDIO POLICIES
- Please arrive five minutes before scheduled appointment.
- Please arrive mascara-free.
- We have a 24 hour cancellation policy.
- Skin sensitivities and allergies are extremely rare and your safety and care are of my utmost concern. We use the highest quality products and the most up-to-date techniques and sanitation protocols in the industry. However, we are not liable for reaction due to our products. If you are concerned, we recommend a patch test several days before your appointment. Please call to schedule.
We understand last-minute emergencies pop-up. However, if you are unable to make your scheduled appointment with your eyelash technician, please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule. We require 24 hours.
- Rescheduling/Cancellations less than 24 hours from appointment time or clients who no-shows without notice will be charged 50% of the appointment fee.
If you arrive late, we will not be able to extend your appointment time. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late we will have to reschedule and we will charge 50% of the appointment. Out of respect and consideration for your eyelash extension artist and other customers, please do your best to be on time.